Benefits of okra for diabetes (Ladyfinger for diabetes) – Okra, also commonly known as Ladyfinger, can help in controlling blood sugar levels. If you are diabetic then you can include okra in your diet. Some benefits of lady’s finger for diabetics as told by experts i.e., we are going to give information about the benefits of lady’s finger in sugar in this article.
Benefits of Okra for diabetes
The amount of fiber in ladyfinger is very high, which is helpful in maintaining proper digestion and controlling blood sugar. Ladyfinger also has a very low glycemic index and is also very low in calories. Not only this, many nutrients are found in okra, which is helpful in keeping the problems caused by diabetes away from the body.
Okra For Diabetes | Lady Finger For Diabetes
Okra is a common vegetable that is used to prepare various dishes. This nutritious vegetable is rich in various nutrients that can provide you with many benefits.
Okra is also good for diabetics. People with diabetes need to consume foods that can help control blood sugar levels naturally.
The right diet along with the necessary precautions can help you control your blood sugar levels.
Controlling blood sugar levels is essential to fight the complications associated with type 2 diabetes. Certain foods can contribute to lowering blood sugar levels naturally.
Okra is also beneficial for diabetics it does not negatively affect blood sugar i.e. does not cause blood sugar spikes.
Know why ladyfinger should be a part of your diabetic diet, as an expert.
How is ladyfinger beneficial for diabetes according to experts?
According to an article in NDTV, nutritionist Sayani Das explains, “Okra is a good source of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It is a superfood for lowering blood sugar. Being a great source of dietary fiber, low in calories, and having a low glycemic index (GI) value ladyfinger is good for diabetics. The insoluble fiber in okra is believed to help control blood sugar levels by slowing the rate of absorption from the intestinal tract. Some research has found that okra helps in managing blood sugar levels in gestational diabetes. (1)
Benefits of ladyfinger in diabetes ie sugar [7 benefits]
The following are the benefits of consuming ladyfinger for a diabetic ie sugar patient:-
- There are no calories in okra, so regular consumption of it keeps diabetes under control.
- There are plenty of nutrients found in okra that are very beneficial for diabetic patients such as potassium, vitamin B, vitamin C, folic acid, and calcium.
- The glycemic index value of ladyfinger is very low i.e. 20, which proves it to be an ideal vegetable for diabetic patients.
- The risk of heart disease in diabetic patients is much higher than that of a common man. Okra can help in controlling bad cholesterol which results in a lower risk of heart diseases.
- Vitamin C present in okra can help you increase immunity power.
- Being rich in vitamins A, B, and C, okra is also good for pregnant women and it helps in reducing the chances of gestational diabetes.
- Vitamin K present in okra helps in bone formation and blood clotting, which is of great benefit to diabetic patients.
Ways to include Okra in Diabetic Diet
Many types of dishes can be prepared using okra for a diabetic patient.
- Make a lengthwise incision on the ladyfinger and keep it soaked in water overnight. Drinking this water in the morning is beneficial for diabetes.
- Mixing ladyfinger with onion, tomato, and other vegetables, making it a vegetable is also beneficial.
- Diabetic patients can eat okra after roasting it or in the form of salad.
- Diabetic patients can also benefit from using okra powder.
You can read this article in Hindi by clicking शुगर में भिंडी के फायदे.