Whether eggs should be eaten in diabetes i.e. sugar (Should we eat eggs in sugar or not) – eggs are eaten with great fervor all over the world and are also liked, but when it comes to diabetes, many people run away from them. Why does this happen? Should we eat eggs in sugar or not? Can I eat eggs in sugar? Can diabetics eat eggs? What are the benefits of eating eggs in diabetes, what are the disadvantages of eating eggs in diabetes? Let us know the answers to all these questions.
Should we eat eggs in sugar or not?
The American Diabetes Association considers eggs to be an excellent option for people with diabetes. Eggs are a good source of protein and contain many nutrients such as potassium, lutein and choline, omega-3, etc., which provide many benefits to our body. But the yolk of the egg ie its yellow part contains a lot of cholesterol and carbohydrates. In such a situation, to take advantage of the nutrients of the egg, it is very beneficial to consume only its white part.
Can I eat eggs in sugar? | Can diabetics eat eggs?
By the way, you can also consume whole eggs because an egg contains 186 mg of cholesterol, which is much less than the amount of cholesterol consumed by a person in a whole day i.e. 300 mg. Just you have to keep in mind that the egg prepared for the diabetic patient is either boiled or cooked in healthy oil for diabetes.
Benefits of eating eggs in diabetes
- Egg is a good source of protein. A whole egg contains about 7 grams of protein. There are two types of proteins present in eggs. The first is Avalbumine which is found in the egg white, the second is Vitelline which is found in the yellow part of the egg.
- The potassium found in eggs is very beneficial for nerve and muscle health. Potassium is essential for maintaining sodium levels in the body, which helps keep your heart healthy.
- Eggs contain many nutrients like lutein and choline. Lutein protects you from disease, and choline is believed to improve brain health.
- Egg yolks contain biotin, which is important for healthy hair, skin and nails, as well as insulin production in the body.
- Eggs from pasture-fed chickens are high in omega-3s, which are beneficial fats for diabetic patients.
- Eggs are also helpful in keeping weight under control. One large egg contains only about 75 calories and 5 grams of fat – only 1.6 grams of which are saturated fat. You can prepare eggs in different ways according to your taste.
- The high protein content in eggs can make a person feel full for a longer period of time. This one thing can help you maintain a healthy body weight.
- You can make an already healthy meal even better by mixing it with onions, tomatoes, capsicum, spinach, or other vegetables.
Disadvantages of eating eggs in diabetes
Excess of anything can be harmful to the patient of diabetes i.e. sugar and the effect of eggs are hot. In such a situation, consuming more than 2 eggs can cause a lot of harm, such as: –
- By eating more than 2 eggs, the body starts feeling heat and if this quantity is even more then its effect can be seen in the form of nosebleeds, dry mouth, burning sensation etc.
- Carbohydrates are found in plenty in the egg yolk. By consuming 2 eggs, diabetes patients get more carbohydrates than the prescribed amount throughout the day, which can cause an increase in blood sugar in the body.
- Cholesterol is also found in very high amounts in the egg yolk. Which can cause heart disease.
- If you eat only the white part after removing the yellow part of the egg, then tell that by eating more white part of the egg, there can also be a deficiency of vitamin H or vitamin B which can cause skin problem, lack of muscle tone, muscle pain, fits, It can cause hair fall and other health problems.
- Diabetes patients may also face the problem of weight gain by eating more eggs.
- Eating eggs in excess can also cause problems like vomiting, stomach problems and swelling and discomfort in parts of the body.
- Some people like to eat raw eggs, but eating raw eggs can lead to a disease called salmonella.
Why shouldn’t the yolk of an egg be eaten?
People suffering from high blood pressure, diabetes, and heart-related problems should not eat the yellow part of the egg. The amount of cholesterol in the egg yolk is very high, which can cause heart problems.
What is found in egg white?
Egg white is 10% protein and 90% water. It does not contain cholesterol and fat at all. Egg whites contain far fewer calories than whole eggs.
Which protein is in the egg yolk?
16 grams of a protein called vitelline is found in the yellow part of the egg.
You can read this article in Hindi by clicking THIS LINK.