Health Problems caused by obesity (Side Effects of Obesity) – Obesity is such a problem that brings with it many diseases and ailments, that is, the body suffering from obesity gradually becomes the home of many diseases. In this article, we are going to give complete information about the reason for obesity, the causes of obesity, the diseases caused by obesity, the Side Effects of Obesity, obesity-related health problems, and how to know whether you are obese?
Health Problems caused by Obesity | Side Effects Of Obesity
Obesity suffers over time with Osteoarthritis, Type 2 Diabetes, Heart Diseases like Heart Attack, Stroke, Cholesterol Problems, High Blood Pressure, Cancer, Decreased Fertility, Gallbladder Disease, Breathlessness, Fatty Liver, Nerve disorders It can be a victim of many other serious diseases.
A person suffering from obesity means a person who is very overweight, who has a lot of body fat.
Obesity is becoming a serious problem all over the world, which has taken the elderly, youth, and even children in its grip.
How to know if you are fat? | How to know whether you are obese?
Body mass index (BMI) is the most widely used method to check whether you are obese and whether your weight is appropriate for your body length ratio.
The formula to check Body Mass Index (BMI) is –
BMI = Weight (Kilograms) / (Height X Height (in meters))
For example, if your weight is 75 kg and your length is 5.7 feet i.e. 1.73736 meters.
So BMI = 75 / (1.73736 X 1.73736)
BMI = 24.8474386351
For most adults, BMI:
- 18.5 to 24.9 means you are at a healthy weight
- 25 to 29.9 means you are overweight
- 30 to 39.9 means you are fat
- 40 or more means you are severely obese.
Overweight is defined as a body mass index (BMI) of 25 or more. Obesity is defined as a BMI of 30 or more.
If the calculated BMI is less than 18.5 then you are underweight i.e. you need to increase your weight because being underweight is also harmful.
Diseases caused by obesity | Side Effects Of Obesity
It is very important to take steps to deal with obesity because obesity not only spoils your beauty but can give rise to many serious and life-threatening diseases. This includes:
- High blood pressure (hypertension).
- High LDL cholesterol, low HDL cholesterol, or high levels of triglycerides (dyslipidemia).
- diabetes type 2.
- Heart – Arterial disease.
- fatty liver
- Gallbladder disease.
- Osteoarthritis (bone disease).
- Sleep apnea and shortness of breath.
- Several types of cancer such as breast cancer and bowel cancer.
- Mental illnesses such as clinical depression, anxiety, and other mental disorders.
- Body aches and difficulty in doing physical work.
- decreased fertility
Causes of Obesity | Reason For Obesity
- Obesity is usually caused by consuming more calories, especially fatty and sugary foods. You need more physical activity to use these calories. If there is not enough physical activity, the excess energy gets stored by the body in the form of fat, which causes obesity.
- Obesity is a common problem in modern lifestyles and the main reason for this is the consumption of high-calorie foods and little or no physical activity.
- Certain health problems, such as an underactive thyroid gland (hypothyroidism), can also sometimes cause weight gain, although these types of conditions do not usually cause weight problems if they are effectively controlled with medications.
What can be the main cause of obesity?
Obesity is a common problem in modern lifestyles and the main reason for this is the consumption of high-calorie foods and little or no physical activity.
Which diseases are caused by obesity?
Obesity suffers over time with Osteoarthritis, Type 2 Diabetes, Heart Diseases like Heart Attack, Stroke, Cholesterol Problems, High Blood Pressure, Cancer, Decreased Fertility, Gallbladder Disease, Breathlessness, Fatty Liver, Nerve disorders.
- https://ndtv.in/health/bmi-calculator-how-to-calculate-body-mass-index-in-kg-bmi-formula-what-is-the-normal-bmi-how-much-sh- 2154590#:~:text=%E0%A4%AC%E0%A5%80%E0%A4%8F%E0%A4%AE%E0%A4%86%E0%A4%88%20%3D%20% E0%A4%B5%E0%A4%9C%E0%A4%A8%20(%E0%A4%95%E0%A4%BF%E0%A4%B2%E0%A5%8B%E0%A4%97 %E0%A5%8D%E0%A4%B0%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%AE)%20%2F,%E0%A4%B9%E0%A5%8B%E0%A4%97%E0 %A4%BE%20%E0%A4%B5%E0%A4%B9%E0%A5%80%20%E0%A4%86%E0%A4%AA%E0%A4%95%E0%A4%BE %20%E0%A4%AC%E0%A5%80%E0%A4%8F%E0%A4%AE%E0%A4%86%E0%A4%88%20%E0%A4%B9%E0%A5 %8B%E0%A4%97%E0%A4%BE.