BENEFITS OF ASAFOETIDA – What is asafetida? Uses of Asafoetida, Uses of Asafoetida, Storage of Asafoetida, Hing Benefits, Asafoetida Home Remedies, Home Remedies of Asafoetida, etc. You are going to give all the information in this article.
The anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties present in asafoetida make it very beneficial for your health. Asafoetida (Hing) is very beneficial in the treatment of stomach pain, gas, Constipation, stones, blood pressure, blood sugar, and other problems. According to Ayurveda, asafoetida is a panacea for stomach problems.
What is Asafoetida?
Asafoetida is a plant whose smell is very pungent and its taste is bitter. But asafoetida, used in the kitchen and as a medicine, is not obtained from the fruit, flower, or bark of the asafetida plant, but is prepared from the milk extracted from the upper roots of the asafetida plant. This juice or milk is extracted from a cut made in the living roots of the asafoetida plant, which is collected to produce asafoetida.
Uses of Asafoetida
In Ayurvedic medicine, asafoetida is used to treat breathing or throat problems, digestive problems, or by women resuming their periods after menstruation has stopped for some reason, as well as for bronchitis and kidney stone treatments. Some people used to wear dried asafetida gum around their necks to ward off infection and disease.
Asafoetida is an effective spice used in cooking which is mainly known for its taste as well as for keeping stomach-related problems at bay. Asafoetida is used as a special spice to enhance taste and aroma. It is used to prepare many dishes like curries, meatballs, lentils, pickles, etc. The whole plant is used as a new vegetable. Spice is also used as an antidote to opium.
Asafoetida should be stored in a sealed container. This is so important because the smell and taste of asafoetida get dissipated when it comes in contact with air. For longer use, it should be kept in a cool and dry place, due to which it remains effective for a long time and can be used for a long time.
Benefits of Asafoetida | Asafoetida Home Remedies | Home Remedies of Asafoetida
Asafoetida, also known as Hing, is a gum extracted from the juice extracted from cuts made on the stem and root of the fennel plant species. When new, this gum is grayish-white in color, but with age, it turns yellow and eventually becomes an earthy color. Hing has a remarkable place in Indian cooking. However, this spice also has restorative properties and can be used as a home remedy for many problems.
- Beneficial in gynecology- Take 1 cup buttermilk and add 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek powder, salt to taste and a pinch of asafoetida powder or a small piece of hing. Mix the buttermilk thoroughly until all the ingredients are well mixed and drink it later to reduce the cramps.
- Beneficial in stomach gas, toothing – To reduce the toothing, drink 1/4 teaspoon dry ginger powder, asafetida and black salt mixed with some warm water. This leads to flatulence, farting and stomach gas problem.
- Beneficial in constipation – In case of constipation, mix a little powder of asafetida with a little sweet soda and take it before sleeping at night. In the morning the toilet will come freely.
- Asafetida aids in digestion – Using asafetida in vegetables, pulses and other dishes while cooking makes it easier for the body to digest food. In vegetables and pulses that cause gas in the body, asafoetida is used in every Indian kitchen.
- Beneficial in toothache – Mix 1/2 teaspoon asafetida powder in 2 teaspoon lemon juice. Heat this mixture lightly. Apply this mixture lightly warm with the help of cotton on the painful area, it is a panacea to get instant relief.
- Worm in the tooth – In case of a worm in the tooth, keep a small piece of asafetida pressed between the teeth of the worm. If possible, keep it in your mouth before sleeping at night. By morning the worm will go away on its own.
- Beneficial in cracked heels – Take half a teaspoon of neem oil and add 2 parts of hing powder to it, mix both well. Apply this mixture on the cracked heels and massage it with light hands. This is a very effective solution to give you relief from the problem of cracked audio.
- Beneficial in cough – A thick mixture will be obtained by mixing 1/2 teaspoon dry ginger powder and 2 teaspoon honey in 1/2 teaspoon asafetida powder. Put this mixture in your mouth, keep it there and let the juice slowly go down the throat. Due to this, the phlegm accumulated in the lungs gradually starts melting. For best results, use this mixture thrice daily.
- Beneficial in cold-cold – relief from coldTo get it, put a few drops of asafetida oil in a pot of hot water and breathe in the steam of the oil. You can also apply the oil on your chest, neck and back. This will provide you relief from chest blockage and general discomfort due to cold.
- Beneficial in stomachache – The problem of stomach ache due to gas in the stomach can happen to everyone, from small children to elders. In such a situation, asafetida can be very beneficial for you. To get rid of stomach pain due to gas, mix a piece of asafoetida in a little water. With the help of a cotton cloth, apply this asafetida mixed water on the stomach in a circular motion around the navel. Keep in mind that this water should not be applied on the navel. In no time you will get relief from this stomach problem.
- Beneficial in ear diseases – Grinding asafetida in water, making that water lukewarm, putting 1-2 drops of this water in the ear cures ear diseases.
You can read this article in Hindi by CLICKING THIS LINK.
What happens if you apply asafetida in the navel?
Mix a piece of asafetida in a little water to get rid of stomach pain caused by s. With the help of cotton cloth, apply this asafetida mixed water on the stomach in a circular motion around the navel. Keep in mind that this water should not be applied to the navel. In no time you will get relief from this stomach problem.
Asafoetida for Constipation?
If there is a complaint of constipation, mix a little powder of asafetida with a little sweet soda and throw it before sleeping at night. In the morning the toilet will come freely.
How is asafoetida extracted?
Asafoetida is not obtained from the fruit, flower, or bark of the asafetida plant, but is prepared from the milk released from the upper roots of the asafetida plant. This juice or milk is extracted from a cut made in the living roots of the asafoetida plant, which is collected to produce asafoetida.