Basil For High Blood Pressure (Is Tulsi Good For Blood Pressure) – High blood pressure or hypertension is a problem that directly affects our heart and increases the risk of problems like heart attack, heart failure, and stroke. By consuming a few basil leaves daily, you can get relief from this problem to a great extent.
Is Tulsi Good For Blood Pressure | Basil For High Blood Pressure
Yes, Many nutrients and minerals are found in Basil (Tulsi), one of which is potassium, which is very beneficial in keeping blood pressure under control. Not only this, basil is rich in properties that can control causes of high blood pressure and heart diseases, such as stress, sleeplessness, obesity, bad cholesterol, and triglyceride.
Further, in this article, we are going to explain the Health Benefits of Basil in Blood Pressure, Tulsi in blood pressure, benefits of basil in high blood pressure, Disadvantages of Basil, holy Basil Side Effects, How to Use Basil in Blood Pressure, How To Use Tulsi.
Basil Health Benefits in Blood Pressure | Tulsi in blood pressure
Basil is not only useful in the treatment of common diseases, but it also helps in the treatment of high blood pressure (holy basil for blood pressure) by treating many problems that cause high blood pressure.
High blood pressure is a problem that can lead to life-threatening heart diseases such as heart attack and stroke. The main reasons for the problem of high blood pressure are stress, obesity, lack of sleep, diabetes, wrong diet, increased cholesterol in the body, increased triglyceride, etc. To overcome these problems, all the properties are present in Basil leaves (Tulsi leaves).
Tulsi plant is considered sacred in India. On the other hand, in Ayurveda, Tulsi is a miraculous medicine full of properties that remove many diseases. Recognizing its medicinal properties, Ayurveda is used in the treatment of various health problems. Gradually, the whole world is recognizing and adopting the miraculous properties of this herb.
Benefits of basil in high blood pressure
- Basil (Tulsi) has antibiotic, antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-carcinogenic properties.
- According to the Lucknow Central Drug Research Institute, India, a hormone released when the body is under stress – cortisol, which causes blood pressure to rise, basil (tulsi) helps maintain its normal levels in the body and prevents blood pressure from rising.
- According to a study done on animals, anti-oxidants like eugenol are present in basil, which can help in reducing blood pressure.
- Basil also has blood thinning properties, which are helpful in reducing high blood pressure.
- Obesity brings with it many diseases, among them there is also the disease of high blood pressure. To prevent obesity, it is beneficial to consume a few basil leaves daily and do exercise.
- Sleep deprivation can make you a victim of blood pressure disease. Anti-depression and anti-stress properties are found in Basil (Tulsi), so drinking Tulsi tea helps in good sleep.
- The volatile oils in basil can also help control your blood pressure levels.
How to Use Basil in Blood Pressure | How To Use Tulsi
- You can use basil by making a decoction. Take 3-5 leaves of Basil (Tulsi) and use them as a decoction.
- Put 3-5 leaves of Tulsi in it while making tea. When it comes to a boil, enjoy Tulsi tea (basil tea for high blood pressure).
- Even while making vegetable soup, basil leaves can be used in it, and you can take advantage of the properties of basil.
- You can also take advantage of its properties by swallowing 3-5 basil leaves with water.
Disadvantages of Basil | Holy Basil Side Effects
The nutrients found in basil are extremely beneficial. But some people may also suffer some damage due to the consumption of basil, let’s know about the harm of basil.
- Basil (Tulsi) contains high amounts of mercury and iron, which can be harmful to your teeth.
- Excess to everything is bad. Consuming tulsi leaves in large quantities or consuming tulsi tea in excess can cause provocation.
- Excessive consumption of Tulsi tea can cause or increase the problem of low sperm count in men.
- Excessive consumption of Tulsi can cause excessive thinning of blood in the body, which can cause some other problems. Therefore, if you are taking any blood thinning medicine, then take basil only after consulting your doctor.
How to use basil leaves for high blood pressure?
Put 3-5 leaves of Tulsi in it while making tea. When it comes to a boil, enjoy Tulsi tea (basil tea for high blood pressure).
You can read this article in Hindi by CLICKING THIS LINK
We hope you find this information about the Health Benefits of Basil in Blood Pressure, Tulsi in blood pressure, benefits of basil in high blood pressure, Disadvantages of Basil, holy Basil Side Effects, How to Use Basil in Blood Pressure, How To Use Tulsi topics useful.